For the 25th Annual Webby Awards, we introduced a new suite of Virtual & Remote honors. Explore a few of this year’s Webby Nominees for the best virtual experiences.
During the 25th Annual Webby Awards, we have introduced an inaugural suite of dedicated Virtual & Remote categories. These new honors reflect the explosion of virtual events and remote experiences we have seen in the past year, including performances, new festivals, and immersive stories.
From amazing work in Technical Achievement and Best Narrative Experience, to exciting projects in Fashion & Retail and Music, explore a few of the 2021 Webby Nominees in Virtual & Remote below. See the rest of this year’s Nominees and vote for your favorite projects in the Webby People’s Voice Awards, through Thursday, May 6th!
Throughout the year, virtual events pushed the boundaries of what online experiences can look like, especially for those who cannot attend in-person. These Nominees in Technical Achievement have used cutting-edge technology to connect Lovecraft Country fans, give Twitch users a scripted series, launch a virtual festival, share interactive films.
- Lovecraft Country: Sanctum by HBO
- Artificial by 96Next
- Agence by National Film Board of Canada
- Tomorrowland – Around The World by Dogstudio
- Secret Sky by Active Theory
To say the retail industry experienced major changes is an understatement. Over the last year, companies that exist in the retail space have pivoted to creating innovative online experiences that connect more consumers than ever before. This year’s Virtual & Remote Nominees in Fashion & Retail feature collaborators who have gone above and beyond to bring their products to at-home audiences.
- Foot Locker – For the Love by BBDO New York
- Fenty Skin Virtual Launch Party by DE-YAN
- ComplexLand by Jam3
- Fashion brand Ralph Lauren Goes Digital with Bitmoji by Snap Inc
- Crafting a Digitally Immersive Showroom in 6 Weeks by Dept Holding BV
With the pivot to new remote experiences, came an opportunity for more intricate storytelling. This year’s Nominees for Best Narrative Experience have given audiences the thrill of Halloween, a VR journey to save a loved one, a story of immigration to evoke empathy, a great love story and performance, all from the comfort of their home.
- GLOOMY EYES by ATLAS V
- Paper Birds by 3DAR
- The Present by Ruse and Subterfuge, LLC
- Huluween – The Screamlands by Hulu
- The Book of Distance by National Film Board of Canada
Each year, music-related projects do well at The Webby Awards. This year’s inaugural Music nominees for Virtual & Remote feature a special class of creators. As venues remained closed and at-home audiences missed seeing their favorite artists perform, virtual spaces came to the rescue.
- Kiswe Powers BTS’ Innovative Virtual Concert “Map of the Soul ON:E by Kiswe
- Diplo vs. The World by Goodby Silverstein & Partners
- She Can STEM Concert by Deloitte Digital
- Moses Sumney – Live from Planet Afropunk by Moses Sumney
- Adult Swim Festival Goes Global by Adult Swim
See the rest of the 25th Annual Webby Nominees in Virtual & Remote, and vote for your favorite projects to take home a Webby People’s Voice Award. Vote now through Thursday, May 6th at vote.webbyawards.com